Monday, May 7, 2012

Update: Post-testing follow-up with RE

It looks like I do have diminished ovarian reserve. Although my FSH did drop a bit (I couldn't bring myself to ask the specific number), my AMH was low (.29).

In addition, I have an small endometrial polyp (7x5mm). According to my RE, polyps can secrete a substance that interferes with implantation. There are women who've carried pregnancies to term with polyps; there are also women who conceived only after having polyps removed. Removal involves a hysteroscopy, a 20-minute procedure conducted under general anesthesia. I'm inclined to do this.

Regarding my ovarian reserve, RE wants to shoot me full of fertility drugs in the hopes that ovulating two eggs at a time will increase the chances that I'll get pregnant.  I have my doubts about this, which I will explicate in another post.

If injectibles don't work, she wants to proceed straight to IVF.

She didn't seem to be pushing aggressive intervention.  She acknowledged that she has seen people with DOR get pregnant with no intervention at all. She has also seen people get pregnant with injectibles and timed intercourse.  And she has seen couples who needed IVF.

I will be scheduling the hysteroscopy as soon as I get my next period.

I do not plan to take the injectibles. I am not interested in IVF.

I am trying to come to grips with the fact that I might never get pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment