Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Big Step

This morning, I called an adoption agency to inquire about adopting from [country of origin].

We are committed to trying to conceive. For now, I am keeping up with all of my Western and alternative therapies. I will have a hysteroscopy at the end of this month. I will continue to track my ovulation. Nevertheless, we realize that without IVF, it may be years before I get pregnant. It may never happen.

So, we are beginning to look into adoption. Our preference is to adopt from [country of origin], but this is fraught with difficulties. First among them is that their international adoption program is currently closed! The second is that I'm not aware of any adoption agencies in the US that work in [country of origin]. Like pregnancy, adopting from [country of origin] may or may not work out for us. We are open to adoption alternatives: domestic or international, but for now, we're trying to follow this path where it may lead us.

No comments:

Post a Comment