Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Surgical Findings

1. NO ENDO: Anywhere, at all. The choice phrase from the surgical report was that my ovaries, fallopian tubes, and entire pelvic cavity were all "grossly normal."

2. Adenomyoma: The mass in my uterus was larger than expected: 10 centimeters. It was all across the top right hand side of my uterus and a bit on the back side of the uterus as well. My uterus was the size of a sixteen weeks pregnant uterus! This meant that the surgery went longer than expected: six hours rather than four. I'm so glad that I went with the more experienced surgeon, despite the expense and inconvenience that entailed. What if a less experienced doctor had called my uterus a lost cause and performed a hysterectomy?

So for Thanksgiving, I'm feeling very thankful. For the health of my ovaries (despite the DOR, which I guess is really DOR), tubes, and newly reconstructed uterus. For the expertise and compassion of Dr. S. For the support of my parents and DH upon whom I was until very recently dependent for even my most basic bodily needs. I am truly thankful.


2 comments:

  1. Yay for no endo and open tubes!

    Wow! 10 centimeters - that's crazy! I'm so glad it is outta there and the doctor knew what to do rather than just a hysterectomy. Concern for preserving my lady-parts was my #1 reason for going NaPro.

    Continuing to keep you in my prayers for healing. Get lots of rest and go easy on yourself as you recover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the prayers, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete