Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Something is working

It's CD1. No disappointment this time, because we took a break this month. But here I am, sitting up in bed with minimal pain: no vomiting, no writhing, no tears, no wishing death upon myself. Last month was similar; I was even able to drag myself out of bed for a work function that I could not miss.

The hard thing about my kitchen-sink approach to alternative therapies is that I have no idea what's working. My periods took a turn for the better when I started taking blood movers (Chinese herbs) during the first part of my cycle. They aren't safe during pregnancy, so I would discontinue after ovulation. Around the same time, I started fertility yoga. The creators claim that this yoga, in which you do a different set of poses for each phase of the cycle, helps with endometriosis (or in Chinese medical terms, blood stagnation). And at the same time, I started avoiding stagnating foods. I've always eaten healthy food overall, but once a week or so I would indulge in french fries, potato chips, eating to excess. For months, I've been avoiding any food that gives me that bloated feeling.

And finally, after that dreadful experience being off the NSAIDS in anticipation of my hysteroscopy, I was reminded of the magic of prostaglandin inhibitors and starting taking them liberally at the first sign of PMS cramps.

So I have no way of knowing what's working and I don't intend to try any kind of process of elimination, because I have no desire to spend a day in bed disabled by severe abdominal pain and vomiting.

I'm feeling a bit silly for scheduling surgery because of my intolerable pain, when suddenly, it's become quite tolerable. On the other hand, my surgeon was quite clear that the adenomyoma could be causing implantation failure, and I don't want to spend another year TTC, only to find out it was the adenomyoma all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment